Sunday, March 14, 2021

Zion Monday Prayer Journal!

Greetings for our Monday prayer focus! Today we continue that prayer that has come to be known as the Serenity Prayer. Remember that Reinhold Niebuhr was an American theologian and pastor and professor at Union Theological Seminary in New York for more than 30 years. In 1943 he ended one of this sermons with a prayer that went this way:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time. Enjoying one moment at a time. 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace. 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it,
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will, That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.

So what might that all mean for us? Listen in!


And I used this song a couple months ago but if you missed it, I think you'll enjoy listening to "One Day at a Time!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

  Zion Monday Prayer Journal! Well, we come to the last video blog for our Prayer Journal.  I hope it's been helpful to you for broadeni...